The Arc’s recreation program (formally known as community habilitation) helps people with disabilities have fun and be involved in the community while improving social skills. Our fun activities include:
- Overnight, weekend or week-long excursions to places like mountain resorts, the seashore, campgrounds or theme parks
- Day-trips to nearby cities, fairs and festivals and tourist attractions
- Group outings to sporting events, movies, concerts, or dinner theaters
- Outdoor experiences like camping, boating, hiking, ballgames, swimming or miniature golf
- Weekly and monthly activity nights at The Arc, including games, dinners, crafts, and theme parties
Click here for the Rec Newsletter to view the exciting activities and trips planned for January, February and March 2014!
The Arc of Chester County is committed to providing excellence in service and exceeding your expectations. To continue our quest to serve you with the highest level of excellence, we ask that you fill out the following brief survey designed to gather your honest and candid feedback about the Community Habilitation/Recreation program. Your thoughtful responses will help us monitor and adjust our program services to ensure we meet your needs. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We value your relationship with us! Click here to complete the recreation survey.
There have been some important changes to the Recreation program, including van pick up location changes. Please click here to read about these changes.
Individuals who receive funding through Consolidated, Person-Family Driven, or Autism Waivers can apply this funding toward our recreation programs. This funding covers staffing costs; additional costs, such as for tickets, must be paid for privately. All recreation programs are also available to individuals who wish to pay the full amount privately. For more information on The Arc’s recreation program and to obtain the latest schedule of events and activities contact: