In Your Home – Birth to 3
The Arc of Chester County’s Children’s Early Learning Program provides specialized services for newborns to three-year-old children, in their natural environment, to help them reach developmental milestones. These services are available to children with developmental delays and disabilities who are referred by the Chester County Department of Mental Health/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Our team of specialists develops and monitors a program responding to the child’s needs in the context of family life
- Special Education Teachers work closely with physical, occupational, and speech therapists, nurses and social workers providing needed services
- Motor skills, cognitive, and language development are encouraged and supported
- Family training is provided by the team to implement activities during natural routines throughout each visit
At the Arc – Ages 3 to 5
The Arc of Chester County’s Children’s Early Learning Inclusive Preschool Program helps children with disabilities ages three to five learn new skills with trained and understanding teachers in a warm, creative atmosphere. Children are referred to the program by the Chester County Intermediate Unit.
- Our team of specialists develops and monitors a program responding to each child’s needs.
- Special education teachers work closely with social workers and physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- Staff nurses allow children with severe medical needs to benefit from an inclusive classroom experience and are available to respond to medical emergencies.
- Music therapy is an integral part of the program promoting speech, language, motor, and communication skills.
- Family involvement includes an active role in planning and implementing each child’s program.
Click here for The Arc of Chester County’s 2019-2020 School Year Calendar.
Click here for more detailed event information/ field trips.