The Arc of Chester County’s advocacy services help families and self-advocates understand and navigate the mental health/intellectual and developmental disability service systems. Our advocates safeguard individual rights and promote self-determination and inclusion.
The Arc’s advocates:
- Provide one-to-one support and mentoring services
- Help parents effectively plan for their adult child’s future and effectively participate in planning meetings
- Accompany families and self-advocates to meetings as needed
- Provide ongoing support for self-advocates with limited family involvement
- Initiate, promote, and support individual and county-wide self-determination and self-advocacy efforts
- Provide training for self-advocates
- Monitor progress made in the areas of inclusion, self-determination, employment, habilitation, and recreation
- Actively promote systems change and improvement through state and national lobbying
Click here to download the Advocacy Fee Service Agreement
Click here to download the Advocacy FREE Service Agreement
Click here to download the Chester County Self-Determination Committee’s Terms and Definitions Guide.
If you or an adult family member with a disability would like to speak to an Arc advocate, please contact April Hawkins
610-696-8090, ext. 216